Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Daycare

Dear Baby,

You are 8 months old already. I can't believe how fast the time is going. It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant and you were just a far away dream. I look at you every day and still wonder if this is all really happening.

Sometimes I think my heart is going to explode when I look at you. I couldn't have imagined how much I could love you, even in my wildest dreams. I just want to stop time and hold you tight. Bury my face in your soft wisps of blonde hair, and breathe in your sweetness. 

Today was your first day at your new daycare. It was hard for me to leave you, but I have been working on it. I held my breath and kept the tears at bay as I put you in her arms. I smiled and waved goodbye but my heart ached. Time crawled the rest of the morning until I was finally able to go and pick you up. I walked in the door and saw you surrounded by other little ones playing contently with the biggest smile on your little face. Things are going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment